The International Marketplace Coalition will soon welcome a 14,000 square foot, state-of-the-art building to become the home of Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department’s (IMPD) Northwest District Headquarters. A groundbreaking ceremony was held on Tuesday, May 18 to signify construction starting on the new building to reside within the International Marketplace at 4005 Office Plaza Road, Indianapolis, Ind. 46254.
Dignitaries and special guests provided comments, including:
- Deputy Chief Chris Bailey, IMPD
- Commander Lorenzo Lewis, IMPD Northwest District
- Fabio de la Cruz, president of Weston Property Management
- Councillor Maggie A. Lewis, District 10 and Majority Leader
- Mary Clark, executive director of the International Marketplace Coalition
In a unique public/private partnership, Weston Property Management will construct the building and lease the land to IMPD through the City of Indianapolis. The building, featuring steel and masonry with brick veneer, will include community rooms and space for the District’s needs.
Local companies HCO Incorporated and Construction Planning & Management continue to work with Weston Property Management to complete the project scheduled to open by the end of the year.