In the spirit of cultural and creative expression, the International Marketplace Coalition, in partnership with the Indianapolis Recorder Newspaper, presents “Art of the World” showcase series. The project begins with a series of six curated and juried public murals. This “Call for Artists” is for local and international artists to paint five murals in the International Marketplace-area with the sixth mural on the exterior of the Indianapolis Recorder.
The qualified artist(s) will be selected by a panel of jurors consisting of an Indianapolis Recorder representative, International Marketplace representative and professional artists. The selected artist(s) will receive a $600 commission (all supplies and materials will be provided) and be featured in the Indianapolis Recorder in addition to social media channels for the newspaper and International Marketplace Coalition.
All work must be original. Guidelines, schedules and other details will be provided to interested artists.
Mural / Project Guidelines:
- Mural concept must be based on the project theme: “Unity, Diversity and Growth”
- Design and implementation must be of high skill and excellence while also being visually appealing
- Mural concept must be positive, uplifting, inspiring and colorful
- Must be absent of political and social messages and biases, nude images, sexual suggestions or influences
- Selected artist(s) must be able to complete the mural within a three-week period
- Selected artist(s) will be required to mentor and demonstrate to a group of young artists, who will have an opportunity to utilize their new skills on canvas
- Any artist who is found to have NOT submitted original work will be disqualified and barred from future International Marketplace sponsored events
Selected artist(s) will be notified of the mural sit
Entry Deadline: Friday, August 21, 2020
The selected artist will be notified by Friday, Aug. 28, 2020. After which, a meeting date will be set to review the project before commencement.
The selected artist(s) will be awarded a $600 commission for work. Material, paints, and equipment will be supplied by the project sponsors. Artists will provide a list of items needed to complete the project.
For more information, contact Maria Manalang at MManalang@IMCoalition.org. (email subject field should read: IMC MURAL PROJECT)